Rarely do we think about what we would do in the event of a plumbing emergency until it happens. Plumbing emergencies are a common event, and can be a very inconvenient, messy, expensive. They can quickly lead to floods that waste water and damage your belongings, furnishings, and even the foundation of your home. During a plumbing emergency, it is important to call a professional Connecticut licensed plumber in to assess and fix the situation to avoid injury, excess water damage, stress, and more costly repairs.
Here are a few steps homeowners in Connecticut should consider taking during a plumbing emergency.
- Do not panic: Staying calm and accessing the situation could be the difference in minimizing or increasing financial damage. Dealing with this emergency requires you to be of sound mind so you can properly deal with the situation and then explain to a plumber the problems you are experiencing.
- Turn the water off: One of the first things that should be done in a plumbing emergency is to turn off the main water supply. Most toilets, sinks, and appliances are equipped with a nearby shutoff valve that cuts water flow to the fixture in the event of an emergency.
- Turn off your water heater: It is important to turn off your water heater during a plumbing emergency because the coils can potentially overheat and can cause the water heater to burn out leading to costly repairs and possible injury.
- Contact a 24 hour emergency service plumber: Schede Plumbing and Heating provides 24 hour emergency plumbing, drain, sewer, and heating solutions throughout the Stamford, CT area and beyond. You can reach us 24 hours a day by calling 203-969-2299 to speak with an experienced licensed plumber.
Emergencies happen without warning and need to be addressed efficiently and promptly. If you have a plumbing emergency, remember to stay calm and contact Schede Plumbing and Heating immediately. We will send over a professional licensed plumber to assess and fix the situation.
Schede Plumbing and Heating offers kitchen and bathroom remodeling services as well as construction services. Many homeowners in Stamford, CT and the surrounding areas live very busy lives and find it convenient and helpful to turn to one destination for their kitchen remodeling needs. Schede Plumbing and Heating can build your new kitchen or transform your current kitchen into the space of your dreams.
A kitchen renovation project can transform the look, feel, and value of your home. The majority of homes that undergo a kitchen remodeling project will see an increase in value because almost all remodel projects result in a more beautiful home. Most people will agree that the kitchen is the heart of a home, where you gather, share meals, and make memories. So what are some of the advantages of hiring Schede Plumbing and Heating to renovate or build your kitchen?
- Increase Your Home Value: Everyone loves a new kitchen, especially the person that may one day buy your home. If you plan to put your house on the market anytime in the near future, a kitchen remodel is one of the best ways to increase value.
- Update Your Kitchen Appliances: Modern appliances are more energy efficient and cost effective for your home. Simply updating appliances can provide a major improvement on the way you cook and prepare meals.
- Increase Your Family Happiness: Family meals, entertaining friends and holiday gatherings tend to center around the kitchen. With the kitchen as the focal point during these times, it makes sense to have an updated, fully functioning, exquisitely designed kitchen you’ll take pride in.
- Add More Space: With new and innovative design features, most new kitchens today have much more storage and function than previous ones. Adding square footage to your kitchen sounds like a complicated task, but Schede Plumbing and Heating will work with you to make it possible.
- Energy Efficiency: Energy efficiency is extremely advantageous, not only to the homeowner but to the environment. Updated windows or heating, air and ventilation systems could save you thousands of dollars over the life of the product and you may find that you may get tax benefits because of your home renovations.
Whether the project involves making simple kitchen upgrades and renovations, or building and designing a new kitchen from scratch, Schede Plumbing and Heating can make your project a rewarding and profitable experience. Click here to learn more about our home renovations services. Contact us today for a free estimate!