As a homeowner or professional business owner, you should understand that the plumbing pipes within your structure will eventually erode and decay to the point where it will begin to leak. If you do not perform regular maintenance or replacement services for your pipes, eventually the the pipes will degrade and could potentially leak, which will cause cost you a great amount of money in repair costs for the damages to your home or building. Sometimes it can be difficult to notice the that your pipes are in disrepair and on the brink of being a catalyst for water damage. The professionals at Schede Plumbing and Heating of Stamford, Connecticut have compiled a list of signals that will help you to determine if you are in need of a plumber to evaluate and fix your leaking pipes.
- You notice mold or mildew accumulation. If you begin to notice mold or mildew to accumulate on your floors or walls, this may be a clear indicator that your pipes are leaking. Mold will flourish in areas that are moist and are not exposed to high amounts of sunlight. Mold may be difficult to notice because it will typically occur in areas that are hidden inside your walls or beneath your floors. If your pipe is leaking, it will be an excellent opportunity for mold and mildew to buildup, which can eventually prove to be very costly for you.
- Damaged walls or paint. If your walls are showing signs of paint swelling, this is another signal that you may be experiencing leaking pipes. If your walls appear to be skewed or stained it is usually occurring from moisture accumulation. The leak can seep through your walls and eventually even cause the roof of the room to appear slumped. Schede Plumbing and Heating has the capabilities to locate and fix a leaking pipe in any location and condition. We utilize electronic testing, or electronic detection, of underground piping or plumbing to accurately locate the source of water leaks without expensive excavation or replacement. Our techniques and equipment can accurately locate even the smallest leak or pipe defect. This is a distinct contrast to conventional trial-and-error methods of leak detection which use jackhammers, also known as the search-and-destroy method. If we are required to removal walls and ceilings, we will repair the damaged structure and patch up or paint the fixed area so it will look good as new.
- Toilet and sink clogging and backup. If your toilet or sink consistently backs up and you need to plunge it, this may be a sign that the septic tank needs to be emptied or that tree roots have grown into the pipes and are causing a blockage.
- Inflation in your water bill. It is important to keep records of your monthly water bills. If you see a consistent increase on your bill from month to month, it could potentially be occurring because of a pipe leaking within the structure of your home or commercial property. To ensure that the increase is not a result of seasonal or other variables, you can compare your water bills from the same month from the prior year.
- You notice a level of discoloration in your water. If your water is suddenly appearing to have a brown or red tinted color, it could be due to rust mixing in with your water as it travels through the pipes. If your pipes have eroded to the point that rust is beginning to appear, then they are definitely on the brink of leaking and you should contact a Connecticut plumbing professional immediately.
Leaks within your plumbing can be extremely difficult to notice because they will typically occur in an area that is not in view of the naked eye. Plumbing leaks are a very serious issue that could potentially cause a great deal of damage to your residential home or commercial property, so they should be remedied immediately. If your pipes are leaking or believe that they have reached a level of erosion that could potentially cause a leak, you can contact Schede Plumbing and Heating for all of your plumbing repair, maintenance, and installation needs. Contact us today at 203-969-2299 for a free consulation. You can also head over for your contact page for other options to get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Schede Plumbing and Heating provides tile installations and repair, drainage repair, hot water heater installation and maintenance services, tankless water heaters, generators, air conditioning, general pluming repairs and installations, new construction, well pumps, and general heating installation and repair services. Our service area includes the following towns and surrounding areas in Connecticut and New York: Fairfield, Greenwich, Stamford, Westport, Westchester, White Plains, New Rochelle, Rye. Contact us today for a FREE Consultation!