If you are utilizing a hot water heater in your household or place of business and you begin to hear a loud snapping or clanging sound reverberating from it while it is working, the cause is most likely mineral deposits building up at the bottom of the water heater tank. If you are utilizing an electric water heater, the mineral deposit buildup could cause a loud hissing sound. Once these mineral deposits begin to buildup, it can reek havoc on your hot water heater system and cause severe and costly damage. Some of the damaging results of mineral deposit buildup include:
- When mineral deposits building, it can prevent heat from getting properly transferred to the water, which can create a situation where the water heater can potentially overheat. When a water heater overheats, the interior of the tank can become damaged which can cause it to leak.
- When mineral deposits buildup on the electrodes of an electric water heater, it can cause the heating electrode to fail.
- It will prevent your water heater from operating at an efficient level, which will limit the amount of hot water that is accessible and raise your home energy costs.
As we previously mentioned, the first indicator that your water heater is in need of repair is a popping or clanging sound that is being omitted. If you are experiencing this, it is important that you have your hot water heater serviced as soon as possible. A malfunctioning water heating unit can create high energy bills. If you need to replace your water heating unit, the Connecticut plumbing and heating professionals at Schede Plumbing are here to help.
Clear your water heater tank of sediment
If you are knowledgeable on the operations of a hot water heater, you can attempt to clear the mineral deposit buildup yourself by following the steps discussed below. If you are not familiar with hot water heaters, it is probably best to contact a professional Connecticut plumber to perform the service.
- Turn off the Water Supply
- Drain the Hot Water
- Flush out the Remaining Sediment
- Test the Pressure-Release Valve
Many homeowners throughout Connecticut are not aware that in order to maintain a properly running hot water heater, it is imperative to perform maintenance practices on a consistent basis. You can contact the plumbing and heating technicians at Schede Plumbing for all of hot water heater repair and maintenance needs. We can keep your hot or cold water temperatures and energy bills under control. Our plumbing and heating experts will repair and install any type of residential or commercial water heaters. Contact us today for a free consultation!
Schede Plumbing and Heating provides drainage repair, hot water heater installation and maintenance services, tankless water heaters, generators, air conditioning, general pluming repairs and installations, new construction, well pumps, and general heating installation and repair services. Our service area includes the following towns and surrounding areas in Connecticut and New York: Fairfield, Greenwich, Stamford, Westport, Westchester, White Plains, New Rochelle, Rye. Contact us today for a FREE Consultation!